To become a coach at CFU through this program you must have your level 1 and be a current member at our box. (We are also working on a non-level 1 program for people who eventually want to coach and test for level 1.)
Here are some basic things to get you started in the program.
1. Write a “Letter of Intent” - This letter/essay does not need to be long, but it should be from the heart. (This IS a requirement, and may be used to determine your eligibility for participation in the program.)
· What does CF mean to you?
· Why do you want to be an instructor?
· Why would someone want you to be their coach?
· What is your background (include all): education, profession, sports, and fitness?
· What are your strengths & weaknesses?
2. After acceptance into the program you will have to perform a number of coach shadowing sessions with one of our current CFU coaches. Your performance will be evaluated by the coach you are shadowing along with other coaches and athletes. You will also be required to help with fundamentals classes and see how we teach them.
3. We will have scheduled coaches prep classes to go over addressing athletes concerns all the way to performance standards and athlete safety.